Resources to Avoid Scams Related to COVID-19
Please be aware that new scams are emerging related to the coronavirus pandemic. The FTC, US Department of the Treasury, IRS, and Secret Service have shared resources outlining how to identify COVID-19 related scams and how to report them. We have provided links to those resources below.
For your protection, please note the following:
- Northland would never ask for you to email us your bank account or credit card information.
- If you receive a phone call from Northland and are unsure of its validity, we encourage you to ask who you are speaking with, hang up, and call us back using the main number listed on our website.
Some other precautionary measures you can take:
- Only open emails from recognized, trusted sources
- Hang up on robocalls and other calls that seem suspicious
- Delete suspicious text messages
Please reach out to us at (315) 671-6200 if you have any questions or concerns.