The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
Overview: The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program is a Federal Communications Commission program that provides a temporary discount on monthly broadband bills for qualifying low-income households.
The benefit provides up to a $50/month discount for broadband services.
Households are eligible if one member of the household has the following:
- An income that is at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines
- Receives benefits under free/reduced-price school lunch programs for the 2019-2020 school year
- Receives a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since Feb 29, 2020
- Qualify for the Federal Lifeline program*
Please apply at:
www.getemergencybroadband.org to submit an application and upload documents
Complete a mail-in application and send along with proof of eligibility to:
Emergency Broadband Support Center
PO Box 7081
London KY 40742
Or contact us with any questions regarding applying at 315-865-5201
- Only one monthly service discount is allowed per household.
- Consumers can begin applying for and enrolling in the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program on May 12, 2021.
- The program will end when the fund runs out of money, or six months after the Department of Health and Human Services declares an end to the COVID-19 health emergency, whichever is sooner.
*Federal Lifeline Service
You may be eligible for a discount on your monthly telephone service if you receive assistance from one of the following programs:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutritional Assistance (SNAP aka Food Stamps)
- Non-Service-Related Veterans Disability Pension / Veterans Surviving Spouse Pension
- Meeting the Financial Eligibility Requirements of 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
Persons who are eligible to receive benefits from one or more of the programs listed above but are not currently receiving benefits from that program. For more information about this discount please visit www.lifelinesupport.org/national-verifier or call the Business Office at 315-865-5201.